The ISDN standard was set in the late 1980’s, during this time the World Wide Web was just being invented, mobile telephony was just finding its feet – and still analogue and urgent business documents were sent by fax!
In many ways, still using ISDN is like driving a sports car:
- The car represented cutting edge technology when it was launched
- These days it’s not as efficient as modern counterparts
- Reliability is a worry and issues can take days to resolve
- Although a classic, sticking with the old model may no longer meet your basic needs
At this point, you’d consider upgrading to a newer model that is fit for purpose.
Here’s why you should do the same if your business is still relying on ISDN.
- ISDN lacks the agility needed to meet the needs of today’s fast-moving consumers
- The management of multiple offices can be time consuming, maintaining consistency of service across offices is often difficult
- Scalability is slow and often expensive
- It can’t be combined with modern technologies like Ethernet to enhance voice services
- Disaster recovery is slow
Next generation SIP technology is fast becoming the ISDN replacement solution of choice, as it can bring many benefits to your business, including improved service features for greater efficiency gains, increased flexibility to meet the changing needs of your workforce and enhanced quality of service for customers.
Technologies like SIP trunking offer a more flexible, cost-effective telecoms solution for your organisation to help you achieve your business goals. That’s why it’s time to add ISDN replacement to your business agenda.
How resilient is your existing telecoms provision?
How much could downtime cost your business?
Need a little more information?
Contact our team on 0333 240 9100